Sunday, November 18, 2012

Karma comes around ...

Well, time flies ... it has been about almost three months  since my last blog post. Just to update you from my last post, I did the meth-choline test which was suppose to induce an asthma attack. The purpose is to confirm that I have asthma. The test came out negative. My lungs resisted and no asthma attack came about. I still don't have any clue whether these results are accurate  It the extreme heat we've had this past summer or an anxiety over something. Don't know. But I am breathing well these days and off inhalers. That matters to me!

I have attempted some draft posts before, but never came around to finishing it. The moment would pass and the inspiration went elsewhere on to other projects. So what fuelled this post today? Karma.


Don't you feel sometimes that the bad guys seems to get away from murder? Don't you feel that Karma has fell short and not been really coming around to that other person. Wouldn't you wish that you could just speed it up a bit? Take Karma by the hand and say ... hey ... that's the one. Get him or her. Is there no justice in the world? No integrity?

 A few weeks ago and I went to see a movie on opening nigh tand there was a long line-up  A couple was budding in. I mean an older couple. ADULTS maybe in their 40s. They were not cutting in front of me, but they were cutting in front of the people behind us. My friend made a point to the couple that the line was outside. The couple had the audacity to stay on. I did nothing. I  just stood there  hoping that they would get shoved off course by the "true wait in liners" running to get their seats. No such luck. Us Canadians are too damn polite!

See where I am going with this?

The problem with that scenario is that I did not take action to call on that couple. Instead of wishing Karma to take over for me, I could have called the manager or staff over to tell them to stand in line like everyone else. But there will be a next time. That is just a small example. I could give you a much more petty and drama infusing occurrence, but I rather stick to something much smaller to drive home the point not only to you, but to myself as well.

When I think about it, it really is a cowardly thing to wish ill will on anyone rather than meet that human being eye to eye.

Karma does have a place, but on its own terms. Not on the whim of the  little self-righteous mes that think that they are the centre of the universe.


Until next time,

Helga

No comments:

Post a Comment